Osborne Appointments are currently recruiting for a Buyer to join our client based in Welwyn Garden City.
- Responsible for a group of chosen suppliers
- Liaise with suppliers and internal customers concerning all elements of the supply chain
- Manage supplier performance to improve quality, reduce costs and alleviate supply risk
- Ensure agreed supplier terms are utilised
- Monitor and deploy corrective and preventive actions
- Financial analysis, pricing/ OTB (Open-to-Buy) Planning
- Contribute to the implementation of chain level inventory negotiations
- Manage obsolete inventory and inventory reduction strategies
- Continuously develop and maintain a high level of market knowledge
- Work closely with goods in and accounts department to resolve supplier delivery discrepancies
- Maintain data integrity of stock items details
- Produce monthly price increase notifications to customers, which will involve excel calculations
- Continual maintenance of data / spreadsheets
- Contribute to company KPI’s
- Mentor the purchasing assistant where / when necessary
Experience / Skills required:
- Buying experience is essential
- Strong IT skills, in particular Excel (v look ups / ability to interpret data)
- Professional communication skills
- Ability to prioritise and multi-task effectively
- High attention to detail
- Proactive and self-motivated
- Team player
To discuss this role in more detail, please call us - 01707 377 088
Established in 1995, Osborne Appointments is an independently owned recruitment agency specialising in the supply of temporary, contract and permanent placements. OA are committed to placing the right candidate in the right job every time and pride ourselves in outstanding levels of Candidate Satisfaction
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is with regret that we are unable to respond personally to each individual application due to the high volume of CVs we receive on a daily basis. However, your application will be reviewed by one of our qualified consultants within the next 48 hours. If you do not hear from us within this time period, you have unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion.
We hope you will apply for future roles that we advertise regularly on this website. In order to keep up to date with all our recruitment activity, please like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and sign up for free email job alerts on our website.
This vacancy is being advertised by Osborne Appointments who are acting as an employment agency / business.