For more information about this job please contact:
Are you looking for your next role as a buyer in procurement?
Would you like to work for a company that offers some great flexible benefits?
Would you like to have the option of some flexibility around working from home?
If so then read on as we have a great opportunity for a buyer on a maternity cover contract.
Responsibilities of the role include:
- To process all suggestions on buyer workbench driven by MRP output.
- To process all requirements on buyer workbench for consumable items.
- To ensure all order confirmations are chased if not received for both direct and indirect purchases to ensure we have accurate data in the system.
- To monitor and action any late orders to ensure goods are received in line with supplier commitments.
- To keep up to date the early warning shorts spreadsheet and communicate this with the relevant people in the business.
- Development of relationships with key supplier contacts at operational level.
- To resolve any queries relating to invoices to ensure timely payment to the supplier.
- To produce adhoc and regular reports as requested for the monthly report submitted to the Head of Materials Management.
- Keep the supplier database up to date with the relevant contacts and part information.
Who are we looking for?
- Strong analytical skills (statistical analysis skills highly desirable) accurate and methodical with an eye for detail
- Flexible and responsive to business needs
- Inquisitive and proactive approach
- A confident communicator with peers and across the business
- Able to work on own initiative with minimum supervision
- Able to prioritise work and tenacious in completing tasks and projects
- Motivated, decisive and driven.
Key experience required
- Demonstrable previous experience in a buying role
- Experience using Epicor or other ERP software.
Salary £22,000 - £28,000 depending on experience.
To apply please contact Kelly at Osborne Appointments Kelly.firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01234 347069
Thank you for your interest in this vacancy, which is being advertised by Osborne Appointments, who are acting as an employment agency / business. Your application will be considered in competition with others and we will contact you within 3 working days. Should you wish to speak to one of our team, please contact the OA Bedford office on 01234 347069
Osborne Appointments is an award winning recruitment agency specialising in the supply of temporary, contract and permanent placements. In order to keep up to date with all our recruitment activity, please like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram and sign up for free email job alerts on our website.