For more information about this job please contact:
Are you currently a buyer looking for a new challenge with a growing company?
Do you have a CIPS Qualification?
Have you ever worked as a buyer within the plumbing industry?
if so then we want to hear from you!
The purpose of the Buyer role is to own responsibility for certain stock products and to organise the purchase of that product to meet the demands of the forecast plan prepared by the Stock Controller. To ensure that the stock cover levels for each of those items are sufficient for future demand and target stock cover but not overstocked, whilst also meeting Purchase Order spend targets.
The role holder will also own the day to day supplier relationship for their stock product set. They will be expected to build good relationships with their suppliers, negotiate where required prices as well as delivery. To ensure that regular periodic (monthly for the faster movers) reviews are held (primarily by telephone) to discuss the progress of the account / deal appropriately with any issues.
1. To own a set of stock products and be responsible for their purchase and the supplier performance in relation to that stock product set.
2. Place Purchase Orders onto the system, confirm delivery dates and where required to do so negotiate order prices, otherwise ensure that the order is worked to contracted prices agreed with the supplier for the stock product set the job holder is responsible for.
3. To ensure that the stock cover levels for each of those items are sufficient for future demand but not overstocked, whilst also meeting Purchase Order spend targets.
4. Assist with any technical questions regarding the stock products the job holder is responsible for.
5. To be aware of the due delivery date for any purchases that fall within the job holders stock product set and with the Purchase Administrator ensure that due deliveries run to time / chase the supplier accordingly to ensure that deliveries do run to time.
6. With the Purchase Administrator ensure that the "purchase order date" is updated for dates when a purchase (relevant to the job holders stock product set) will arrive with Goods In. With the Purchase Administrator liaise with the Warehouse / Goods In to advise regarding delivery (also updating the joint Delivery Spreadsheet)
7. With the Purchase Administrator create the required scan sheets ready for Goods In booking in relevant to the job holders stock product set.
8. Work with the Stock Controller on any shortages relevant to the job holder product set, reviewing Shortage lists provided by the Stock Controller, to ensure that delivery dates are clear and available for the Stock Controller to inform other areas eg Sales.
9. Work with the Stock Controller on any overstock lists to ensure that appropriate corrective actions (purchase cancellation or delay) are taken relevant to job holders stock product set.
10. Work with the Stock Controller to ensure that any stock issues are resolved that require other purchase team actions relevant to job holders stock product set.
11. Assist the Stock Controller if required in any Forecasting requirements for the job holder product set.
12. Advise of any stock issues regarding quality to the Quality Manager for those stock product items the job holder is responsible for.
13. Advise Stock Controller / Quality Manager / Sales of any change to quality / product within the job holders stock product set.
14. Organise and ensure regular (monthly for faster moving items) Supplier Performance Review meetings are held and be responsible for issuing Action Notes from the Meeting to the Supplier and appropriate Navigator management.
15. Work according to the Company's Purchasing instruction.
Extremely proficient Buying Skillset - working with Suppliers and organising purchases that are delivered to time.
Good understanding of the Stock Product set of the Company and the Supplier Base.
CIPS Qualification preferred
Extremely proficient in using and understanding Purchase Order & Stock systems
Able to understand computer systems and the inter-relationship between sales, purchase warehouse and stock. Able to work with all of these areas within the business.
Able to understand stock transactions.
Able to communicate effectively
Able to understand and work with ISO 9000 processes.
Moderate excel skills
Good Supplier Management Skills
Ability to learn quickly and be prepared to develop skills
Determined to succeed.
Attentive to Detail.
Determined to resolve problems with suppliers and work out solutions.
Must be able and willing to work with all departments successfully.
Very Good communication skills,
Ability to explain to others so that they understand.
Established in 1995, Osborne Appointments is an independently owned recruitment agency specialising in the supply of temporary, contract and permanent placements. OA are committed to placing the right candidate in the right job every time and pride ourselves in outstanding levels of Candidate Satisfaction
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is with regret that we are unable to respond personally to each individual application due to the high volume of CVs we receive on a daily basis. However, your application will be reviewed by one of our qualified consultants within the next 48 hours. If you do not hear from us within this time period, you have unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion.
We hope you will apply for future roles that we advertise regularly on this website. In order to keep up to date with all our recruitment activity, please like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and sign up for free email job alerts on our website.
This vacancy is being advertised by Osborne Appointments who are acting as an employment agency / business.