Osborne Appointments are working with a Bedfordshire based client to recruit a Business Development /Sales Manager.
The successful candidate will have a sound engineering knowledge and experience with an interest in food production cooking and cooling methods on an industrial scale.
You will be responsible for maintaining customer relationships, sales, and new business. You will be self-motivated, an excellent communicator and have strong time management skills.
This role will involve both travel throughout the UK and internationally.
Job Requirements include:
• Industry and sales experience, within the Food Industry.
• Successful sales track record within a food production environment promoting and selling Capital equipment.
• Proficiency in MS Office applications (Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel and Word).
• Must possess a valid driver's license
Key duties include:
• Make sales calls to current and potential customers.
• Develop new sales opportunities through online research, cold calling, attending industry trade shows, and effective follow up on leads and quotations. Follow up on web site enquiries.
• Organise and carry out Cooking and Cooling trials with clients in our dedicated trial kitchen.
• Work closely with existing and potential customer base on finding new areas for potential development.
• Work closely with customer to understand their systems and offer time and money-saving solutions.
• Carry out hand over meetings with customer specifications and pertinent application information to in house Project team.
• Participate and present in Sales Meetings.
• Responsible for yearly sales forecast.
• Prepare periodic sales reports showing sales volume, potential sales, and areas of proposed client base expansion, cold call activity.
Please apply for immediate consideration.
Established in 1995, Osborne Appointments is an independently owned recruitment agency specialising in the supply of temporary, contract and permanent placements. OA are committed to placing the right candidate in the right job every time and pride ourselves in outstanding levels of Candidate Satisfaction
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is with regret that we are unable to respond personally to each individual application due to the high volume of CVs we receive on a daily basis. However, your application will be reviewed by one of our qualified consultants within the next 48 hours. If you do not hear from us within this time period, you have unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion.
We hope you will apply for future roles that we advertise regularly on this website. In order to keep up to date with all our recruitment activity, please like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and sign up for free email job alerts on our website.
This vacancy is being advertised by Osborne Appointments who are acting as an employment agency / business.