For more information about this job please contact:
Osborne Appointments are recruiting for an exciting new opportunity as a Beamsaw Operator on behalf of our well established client, based in Letchworth Garden City on a Permanent basis.
Do you have experience in machine operation?
Have you worked before with timber?
Then this could be the perfect job for you!
Profile and Key Competences
This is a very important role within the business and you will need to be a good team player that is able to communicate effectively with other members of staff.
Essential Job Functions
- Loading Material onto the automated storage area
- Operate the Beamsaw
- Palletise, cut and label panels to specification
- Monitor the time and quality of the cuts
- Machine Maintenance
- To ensure all company procedures are followed with respect
- To ensure relevant records are made for daily work (time sheets), and quality checks.
- To run machines at the speeds and achieve set up times as recorded on works orders
- Keep work area clean and tidy to help minimise the risk of accidents.
- Good Engineering or Mechanical background.
- Strong mathematics skills; ability to read and write clearly.
- Able to use and operate a Windows based computer system.
- Must have excellent organizational and communications skills.
- Previous experience with and understanding of beamsaw operation and working with timber would be advantageous
- Combi Lift & Counterbalance licenses would be an advantage but are not essential
Working Hours: -
You will normally work a 40 hour week of five days Monday to Friday.
Shift Pattern: Monday - Friday 7am - 3.30pm / Monday - Thursday 11.30am - 8.30pm Friday 12pm-4.30pm (weekly alternated)
- Overtime is paid at 1.5 after completion of the 40 hours per week.
- Shift allowance is paid at 1.25 after 4:30pm when working on late shift
Ideal candidates will be enthusiastic and keen to learn new skills. Team work and communication skills are important, alongside with lifting heavy items.
If you would be interested in this position, please call Charlotte on 01707 377088 or apply online with your CV
Thank you for your interest in this vacancy, which is being advertised by Osborne Appointments, who are acting as an employment agency / business. Your application will be considered in competition with others and we will contact you within 3 working days. (Should you wish to speak to one of our team, please contact the Welwyn Garden City Office)
Osborne Appointments is an award winning recruitment agency specialising in the supply of temporary, contract and permanent placements. In order to keep up to date with all our recruitment activity, please like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram and sign up for free email job alerts on our website