For more information about this job please contact:
AWM Warehouse Operative / Yard Operative
This position is based in Shefford, Beds and here we manufacture polymer concrete surface water drainage products for the construction industry.
Salary: £20,000 - £22,000
Working hours: 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday, working rotating shifts of 6am-2pm, and 2pm-10pm. The 2pm -10pm shift is currently operating from 10am-6pm but this will change soon.
What we offer:
We offer opportunity for career progression, extensive training and a competitive benefits package.
This business is the leading brand for surface water drainage systems throughout the world. There are two major divisions: Water Management and Building Drainage.
Working here is working in a culture of entrepreneurial spirit, innovation and high standards with the freedom to create your own job satisfaction through ownership and continuous improvement.
Openness and honesty are key characteristics to working here, as this creates a friendly, flexible environment where colleagues are keen to share information and work together to achieve the best results.
Duties will include:
- To pick and stack orders ready for dispatch
- To load and unload incoming and outgoing vehicles
- To supply production with raw materials
- To book transport for goods out
- Assisting in stock takes
- Working with a WMS system
- To check incoming components and process the relevant paperwork
- Daily housekeeping duties
- To be able to assist in customer queries
- have an accredited (RTITB or ITSSAR) Counterbalance Fork Lift Truck licence, refreshed within the last 5 years.
- be physically fit and work well in a team.
- comply with the Health & Safety Regulations and our Company standards at all times.
- have basic computer skills.
- be a good communicator.
- be numerate with a good attention to detail.
- be flexible in your approach to work and willing to work overtime when required.
We offer a competitive salary with 25 days holiday per year plus Bank Holidays. We offer a Company Pension Scheme and Private Healthcare is available after a qualifying period.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Osborne Appointments who are acting as a recruitment agency. Thank you for your interest in this vacancy, which is being advertised by Osborne Appointments, who are acting as an employment agency / business. Your application will be considered in competition with others and we will contact you within 3 working days. Should you wish to speak to one of our team, please contact the OA Bedford office on.. Osborne Appointments is an award winning recruitment agency specialising in the supply of temporary, contract and permanent placements. In order to keep up to date with all our recruitment activity, please like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram and sign up for free email job alerts on our website