Here at Osborne Appointments we are currently recruiting for an Assistant Warehouse Manager to join a busy and fast paced company in Watford.
The main purpose of the role is to organise and maintain all warehouse floor aspects of Health and Safety, maintain an organised work frame for warehouse staff and to contribute to team effort and support the Warehouse Manager.
- Health and Safety checks as follows –
*All staff must wear PE
*Review and report incidents
*Forklift check and maintenance
*Cylinder storage check
- Check incoming and outgoing deliveries
- Review picklists and ensure shipments ready for export
- Arranging empty pallets to be picked up
- Ordering stationary for warehouse i.e. printing ink, labels, shrink wrap etc
- Provide up to date lists on a weekly basis of short dated stock
- Returning delivery notes to accounts
- Arranging bin collection
- Arranging mechanic for breakdowns
- Arranging tax discs for vans
You would also be required to support the Warehouse Manager in all daily duties to include but not restricted to –
- planning, coordinating and monitoring the receipt, order assembly and dispatch of goods
- coordinating the use of automated and computerised systems where necessary
- planning future capacity for products by working with sales director regarding deliveries in and out, including containers and other shipments
- ensuring assistant supervisors undertake their responsibilities in a collaborative and effective manner i.e. liaising with you to undertake daily tasks on a high to low priority basis
- using space and mechanical handling equipment efficiently and making sure quality, budgetary targets and environmental objectives are met;
- having a clear understanding of the company’s Container loading paperwork procedure, from the pick list, loading list, loading information and demurrage information.
- planning future capacity requirements of agency staff, for loading and labelling
- producing regular reports and statistics on a daily, weekly and monthly basis;
- briefing sales team leaders on a daily basis;
- Overseeing the planned maintenance of vehicles, machinery and equipment.
In order to carry out this role effectively you will need to have a positive and upbeat attitude to ensure that you are motivating team members so that productivity and targets are met or exceeded.
The hours required for this role are Monday – Friday 9.00am – 5.00pm with alternate Saturdays 9.00am – 5.00pm, if you are unable to work these hours then this role would not be suited to you.
Desirable Skills –
- Forklift Licence (not essential)
- FMCG and/or Export experience
- 5 years experience managing a team of 5 or more people (not essential but would be preferred)
- A positive attitude
- Ability to work under pressure
The salary paid will be dependent on experience and skills but will range between £23,000 - £28,000 per annum.
If all of the above meets your current skill set and requirements, and the role sounds of interest to you then please apply today !!!