For more information about this job please contact:
Claims Advisor / Admin
This company has been established over 20 years, and is a leading insurance group with over 4,000 employees spread across various countries around the world. They truly look after their staff and it is at the heart of their business and is key to attracting and developing the best talent in the market. They work closely with their clients to understand their needs and try to be specialists rather than generalists in their field. If all of this sounds like somewhere you'd like to get involved in... Carry on reading below!
May have some previous experience of working in an office environment and be looking to
Looking for someone who is perhaps a graduate or looking to start a career within insurance. This is a training role so no previous experience of insurance is required.
Preference will be given to applicants who have some knowledge of insurance
Degree educated – business / finance etc is an advantage also.
About this role:
Provide back office technical administration support to operating teams within the Claims Department
Ensure that responsibilities are completed in accordance with applicable Company and /or
Key Responsibilities / Accountabilities
• Develop strong relationships with the Business Units
• Respond to the Business Units’ requirements as appropriate
• Develop strong relationships with clients as appropriate
• Deal with incoming enquiries from clients, insurers and third parties as appropriate
• Deal with client renewals and mid-term adjustments as appropriate
• Behave with all clients (both internal and external) fairly and ethically
• Assist in the creation of comprehensive client and broking documents
• Processing of slips, quotes, indications and endorsements
• Technical duties (including data entry, credit control, chasing subjectivities)
• Ensure up to date records are maintained at all times on the Company systems
• Ensure compliance with all applicable Company and/or Group policies and procedures
• Ensure correct authorisation is obtained and processes followed when required by the
applicable Company and /or Group policies and procedures
• Ensure compliance with legal and regulatory requirements
• Ensure that own performance, HR and T&C records are up to date and meet the Company
and /or Group’s requirements
• Maintain accurate records and deal with correspondence appropriately
• Ensure compliance with Anti Bribery and Corruption policy and procedures
Skills and abilities needed to perform role
• Attention to detail with ability to produce accurate documentation
• Ability to work effectively within a team and answer queries from less experienced
members of staff
• Prioritisation and organisational skills
• Competent IT skills, including but not limited to Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with internal and external
• Able to undertake and demonstrate competence in technical training, as required by the
• Willingness to study for professional examinations
The role is paying £19,000 per annum (with some flexibility for previous experience) but with lots of progression opportunities and a fantastic atmosphere and thriving company to get in to. Please apply today if this sounds like a bit of you… any more info needed please call Nicola on 01234 347069 or email her at email@example.com
Thank you for your interest in this vacancy, which is being advertised by Osborne Appointments, who are acting as an employment agency / business. Your application will be considered in competition with others and we will contact you within 3 working days. Should you wish to speak to one of our team, please contact the OA Bedford office on 01234 347069..
Osborne Appointments is an award winning recruitment agency specialising in the supply of temporary, contract and permanent placements. In order to keep up to date with all our recruitment activity, please like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram and sign up for free email job alerts on our website.