Meetings & Events Planner
PURPOSE OF POST: To manage all food, beverage, accommodation and event enquiries from both internal and external clients. To also ensure a professional and exceptional service is delivered to external clients from enquiry to post event follow up, via direct communication with the client and effective distribution of information to the operation.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To be aware of and to comply with company and legal requirements including health, safety and hygiene
- To ensure that tasks are carried out in accordance with departmental procedures and work instructions
- To support the head of conferencing, sales and marketing in the day-to-day operation of the department
- To track all enquiries and provisional bookings on a daily/weekly basis to ensure no bookings are turned away and space is not held unnecessarily
- To book all necessary requirements in Kinetics system to include client contact details, meeting rooms, bedrooms, catering and quotations
- To produce all relevant administration for external events and university programmes as and when appropriate
- To provide the accounts departments with all accounting details and ensure final quote is accurate in order that invoices may be processed quickly and efficiently.
- To liaise with the client contacts regarding course final details and to maintain good communication links up until the event and while event is taking place
- To provide a professional service to all clients and university personnel you come into contact with
- To ensure that department office hours are adequately covered and support the meetings and events/ space allocation team when required
- To manage all food, beverage and accommodation requests
- To maintain and, where necessary, make suggestions to improve standards
- To carry out any other reasonable task as requested by a member of the management team
- Maintain uniform standards in line with the company policy
- Maintain office standards in line with the departmental policy
Thank you for your interest in this vacancy, which is being advertised by Osborne Appointments, who are acting as an employment agency / business. Your application will be considered in competition with others and we will contact you within 3 working days. Should you wish to speak to one of our team, please contact the OA Bedford office on 01234 347069..
Osborne Appointments is an award winning recruitment agency specialising in the supply of temporary, contract and permanent placements. In order to keep up to date with all our recruitment activity, please like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram and sign up for free email job alerts on our website.