Osborne Appointments are currently recruiting for an Accounts Assistant/Fraud Detector based in New Barnet. This role will be on a temporary basis.
- Assess orders at the pre-dispatch status, to ascertain if they are suspicious or not based on set criteria.
- Log all queried orders (using excel and internal systems), analyse trend data and share this data with the Finance Team.
- Liaise with internal Fraud expert and company suppliers to prevent fraudulent transactions.
- Investigating with the suspect/fraudulent activity
- Assist the internal Fraud expert ensuring that all departments have a good understanding of the security protocol and are following the prescribed procedure (including any updates in the procedure).
- Assist in other areas of the accounts payable and receivable functions of the company as needed during the busy run up to the Christmas period.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience of working with fraud detection as part of an accounts team.
- Experience in a Administrative/Customer focused role in a financial based role will be an advantage.
- Ability to confidently deal with sensitive issues / complaints while dealing with fraudulent and legitimate customers as required
- Ability to resolve customer complaints as a result of checks being carried out before order processing.
- Knowledge of accounting terminology
- Knowledge of Microsoft 365 – including excellent excel skills. (vlookup/pivot table/ifsum)
- Data entry with accuracy and efficiency with strong attention to detail is a must
- Ability to deliver to deadlines
- Team player
- Strong written and spoken English is a must
- Outgoing, friendly but firm personality
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is with regret that we are unable to respond personally to each individual application due to the high volume of CVs we receive on a daily basis. However, your application will be reviewed by one of our qualified consultants within the next 48 hours. If you do not hear from us within this time period, you have unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Established in 1995, Osborne Appointments is an independently owned recruitment agency specialising in the supply of temporary, contract and permanent placements. OA are committed to placing the right candidate in the right job every time and pride ourselves in outstanding levels of Candidate Satisfaction
We hope you will apply for future roles that we advertise regularly on this website. In order to keep up to date with all our recruitment activity, please like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and sign up for free email job alerts on our website.
This vacancy is being advertised by Osborne Appointments who are acting as an employment agency / business.