Osborne Appointments are currently recruiting for an accounts assistant to join our client based in Wood Green. This position is an immediate start temporary to permanent position.
Duties will include:
- Maintaining the Purchase Ledger- Process all supplier Invoices on sage using appropriate nominal codes and departments, check invoices received align with agreed discounts with suppliers and report when overcharged.
- Every month end, check balances on supplier’s accounts against statements received and provide payment figures before the deadlines approach.
- Enter Subcontractor invoices and manage the processing of all other supplier and subcontractor payments using Sage.
- Maintain the Sales Ledger- Process all sales invoices using appropriate nominal codes and departments.
- Process bank receipts and payments made online by card or cash onto Sage on a daily basis, and allocate payments appropriately
- Filing- All sales and supplier invoices will need to be filed daily and supplier invoices will need to be matched with delivery notes/purchase orders to make sure we have been charged correctly.
- Capability to communicate well verbally and in writing and should be good with numbers
- Good understanding of double- entry book keeping
- Knowledge of Sage 50 when processing invoices, payments and using the CIS module for subcontractors
- Ability to work proactively and meet deadlines
- Ability to use Excel and basic functions such as using filters & formulas
Established in 1995, Osborne Appointments is an independently owned recruitment agency specialising in the supply of temporary, contract and permanent placements. OA are committed to placing the right candidate in the right job every time and pride ourselves in outstanding levels of Candidate Satisfaction
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is with regret that we are unable to respond personally to each individual application due to the high volume of CVs we receive on a daily basis. However, your application will be reviewed by one of our qualified consultants within the next 48 hours. If you do not hear from us within this time period, you have unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion.
We hope you will apply for future roles that we advertise regularly on this website. In order to keep up to date with all our recruitment activity, please like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and sign up for free email job alerts on our website.
This vacancy is being advertised by Osborne Appointments who are acting as an employment agency / business.